The benefits of an HRMS with self service are extensive and scalable for any size company. With an enterprise software implementation, self-service functionality is as simple as 'plug and play'.
A self-service HRMS will open up data and processes to employees company-wide.
Technology is all about streamlining procedures, saving time and achieving more with less resources. When it comes to the endless detailed queries our employees have about terms, conditions, salary, leave entitlement, and so on, the days of turning to the HR department for answers are over.
The continuing rise of automated HRMS systems with self-service functionality gives the employee direct access to their personal records.
Enhanced Accessibility Creates Smoother Administration
Mobile HRMS self-service allows access anywhere and anytime, anywhere access is convenient and will increase usage of HRMS self-service functions because they offering users genuinely helpful tools. Booking flights for your next vacation and need to check your available paid time off allowance? Easily done. Working on your household finances after dinner and need to check your last few payslips? No problem.
Reduce Administrative Business Costs
Every time an employee or manager uses their direct access to answer a question they'd otherwise ask a member of the HR team, time is saved and productivity - of the enquiring employee and the HR team - is increased. Time is money and, sooner or later, real and measurable savings will emerge will in the HR administrative overheads.
Improve Employee Satisfaction
If you measure employee engagement and satisfaction, HRMS self-service should have a beneficial impact, at least in terms of employee opinion on the available support services. Easy access to information such as benefits packages, open enrolment, or even pensions statements – all issues that tie up HR staff with lengthy and/or complicated inquiries – leads to less frustration with the HR department and a better-informed workforce. What's more, it tends to result in more accurate records being kept; when each individual is responsible for their own employee record, mistakes and errors become far less common.
Leads to a More Strategic HR Function
HRMS self-service frees up HR resources, allowing the HR team to focus on becoming the strategic partner to the business it always wanted to be.
What Are the Likely Savings in Terms of HR Overheads?
That self-service reduces the HR administrative overhead is an accepted benefit. You could potentially see a 20-25% reduction in time spent on routine HR queries and record-keeping. Many organizations find that the demand for HR resources actually increases because the longer-term impact of self-service is a greater involvement in strategic matters and better quality support for labour-intensive functions (and thus more costly) such as recruitment and performance management. Explore the potential admin savings in detail and where those savings can be redeployed within HR.
Objective of HRMS
The HRMS platform provides:
Cloud-style deployment – Deploy a single software instance for all users.
• Apps and data are secure.
• Accessibility is allowed only by the creator and any others who they elect to have access.
• All use of the software is funneled through the browser or mobile device.
User-friendly interface – Making it easier than ever to deploy applications quickly
• Drag & drop form components from page to page
• Document services for filling PDFs
• Visual indicators for saved/deployed status and for rules/rule edits
Simple workflow – Speed the approval process with flexible, role-based workflow and access control.
• Automatically generate email notifications.
• Invoke services at workflow steps.
• Provide a dynamic experience based on rules.
Adaptive, extensible behavior – Create apps for mobile or popular desktop browsers.
• Forms will adapt how they render to take advantage of the devices they are being used on.
• Design and make changes in your browser.
• Quickly customize apps using standard web development skills.
• Modify styles through CSS.
• Set titles dynamically for multi-lingual forms
Flexible integration – Easily add apps to your customer or employee website.
• Allows you to introduce new offers, surveys, capabilities and programs, as needed.
• Allows integration of existing systems to pre-populate fields and post data.
• Allows you to define connections with just about any system.
• Design and integrate applications with your IBM Digital Experience based sites
1. IBM Websphere Portal
2. IBM Forms Experience Builder
3. Compatible with any operating system (AIX, Linux, Mac OS, Mobile OS, Windows)
1. Intranet Home Page
2. Employee Home Page
3. Ready Employee Self Service Modules