Petroleum & Energy
Oil and Gas companies, have high-performance IT applications that require to be customized, updated and maintained. With a combination of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and other drilling and well related software they perform indispensable tasks such as supporting inventory and production flows, handling accounting, and facilitating communication among employees.
Our client, in this case, is headquartered in Houston, Texas. They have their core operations in the U.S. , in the Gulf of Mexico and offshore operations in Eastern Mediterranean and West Africa.
Our client was finding it expensive to run and maintain the wide variety of application systems they had. Customizing the Oracle ERP was taking a lot of their effort and time. Keeping the databases up to date with patches and upgrades was also a challenge. They were looking for a cost effective and flexible solution.
Our client decided to try the “off shore / on shore” approach and brought us on board. Initially, they were skeptical as earlier attempts to outsource had failed. We were able to lower cost and provide a wider array of technical resources to address our client's needs.
They liked the flexibility that Tecnics provided in bringing on short-term team resources as required.
Solution We provided:
• (PO), Inventory (INV), General Ledger (GL), Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), Fixed Assets (FA), Project Accounting (PA), HRMS
• Oracle*Forms, Oracle*Reports, XML/BI Publisher, Workflow, Discoverer
• SOA – Building Integrations to connect Applications across the enterprise.
• DBA activities like Patching, Backups and Performance tuning.
• WellView and SiteView – Upgrading and Customizing.
• FileNet – New Application Development and Maintenance.
• Informatica – Monitoring and Development.
• Allegro – Maintenance.
• GenerWell – Monitoring and Development.
• Mobility – Development of Mobile applications.